Established Arlington, Virginia Estate Planning Attorney Helps You Prepare for the Future
Trusted Arlington, Virginia firm advises on wills, trusts, powers of attorney, guardianships and conservatorships
No one knows what tomorrow may bring, but there are some inevitabilities for which you can prepare. You’ve worked too hard to risk your personal security or the legacy you leave, so it is wise to establish an estate plan you can count on no matter what comes your way. Gene Robinson Law, PLC helps clients throughout the DC Metro area guard against the unpredictable and leave instructions they feel confident about. Whether your estate is substantial or modest, we can help you design an estate plan that fits your unique circumstances and addresses your concerns.
Skilled attorney provides counsel for thorough estate planning
Establishing a well thought out estate plan allows you to provide protection for your property, finances and medical care. We may ask you to consider: Do you want to maximize giving to your heirs? Preserve a vacation home? Provide for a child with special needs? Appoint a decision-maker in case you become incapacitated? To address these concerns and others, you can rely on us to help with a comprehensive estate plan. We may provide legal assistance with the following:
- Will drafting, execution and review
- Living trusts
- Advance healthcare directives (living wills)
- Powers of attorney
- Estate and gift tax issues
- Guardianships and conservatorships
- Choosing the appropriate executor
Each person has different concerns and goals for the future. We work closely with you to determine your priorities and create precise instruments to carry out your intentions.
Thoughtful attorney handle wills, trusts, advance directives, guardianships, conservatorships and powers of attorney
Estate plans can include instructions not only for distributing your property after you’ve passed but also for handling decisions in the event you can no longer make them for yourself. Though it may be difficult to think about your mortality, clear and thorough plans can remove the fear of uncertainty. We can help with:
- Wills — Your last will and testament provides the opportunity to distribute property, establish care for children and otherwise express your final wishes. A will is the primary means by which you can leave property to a person or entity other than a blood relative.
- Trusts — Trusts are flexible instruments that allow you to put conditions on gifts and provide an allowance for a beneficiary rather than a lump sum. When you set up a living trust, for example, you can enjoy your property during your lifetime and transfer wealth seamlessly at your passing, helping your loved ones avoid probate.
- Advance directives — Advance directives allow you to clearly articulate your preferences for medical treatment and lifesaving interventions. They can set forth instructions on various matters, including who should serve as your healthcare proxy (power of attorney) if you are incapacitated. Advance directives can also include DNR orders.
- Guardianships and conservatorships — Guardianships and conservatorships are generally meant to protect vulnerable individuals – whether they are elderly, young or disabled – from physical or emotional harm, financial exploitation and other problems.
- Powers of attorney — A well designed medical or financial power of attorney is one of the most proactive actions you can take before a medical or financial crisis happens. Power of attorney allows you to appoint, someone you select, to step in in the event you become incapacitated or disabled.
Knowing that you have planned for the long-term well being and financial security of your loved ones can be comforting. Gene Robinson Law, PLC will thoroughly analyze your estate and strategize the best means for transferring your assets, minimizing taxes, establishing guardianship and supporting philanthropic causes.
Contact a trusted northern Virginia estate planning and elder law firm
For comprehensive estate planning services in the DC metro area, call Gene Robinson Law, PLC at (703) 224-8282 or contact us online to schedule a consultation at our Arlington, Virginia office.